Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Send Letters to the Tribune

The Oakland Tribune is asking a question this week: Should the A's move to San Jose?

Our short answer: No. Definitely not, because Oakland is a great sports town with a very rich baseball history defined by great teams and excellent fan support. Also, A's owners from 1995 to the present have not given the city of Oakland a real chance, choosing instead to flirt with other cities and to poison the waters at home. There's more, but we'll send the long answer to the Tribune.

Now, here's where you can send your answer to the Tribune: talkback@bayareanewsgroup.com

Your letters must be 250 words or less and include your name, address and daytime phone number. All letters are subject to verification and editing. E-Mail: talkback@bayareanewsgroup.com (No attachments, please.) Fax: Talk Back, (650) 348-4446. Write: Talk Back, 477 Ninth Ave., Suite 110, San Mateo, CA 94402.

Let's Go, Oakland!

1 comment:

#1ASFANTONE said...

I/we don’t want our Oakland Athletics to leave Oakland, California!! I/we would be broken Hearted, I'm sure as Many Die Hard Fans would be. I have a long history with the A's, since they came to town! My late Mom started taking me to A's Baseball Games since the beginning. At 5 going on 6 years of age the memories started to stick. I'm 46 now do the math; it’s all I've known. I have memories of clapping/shouting, "Let’s Go A's”... "Let’s Go Oakland" Waving that felt Flag. Memories of that loud BANG! From fireworks every time one of our players hit a Homerun. Even before/after the game mom would take me to the Tuttle House Coffee shop on Seminary and E.14th where the player's used to hang out, to get autographs. It’s not there anymore, but when I drive by there it brings back memories. I have many memories of the A's, Historical or not. I have made many friends hanging at tailgates.
I grew up a few miles from the Coliseum. Born and raised in East Oakland! I haven’t stopped representing since, till this day! Heck, we used to cut school to go to day games. I introduced my Children to the game to carry on the tradition, even bringing back the Flag to the LF Bleachers, waving it high with PRIDE! Representing, my beloved A's.
I stopped attending A's games a few years ago because of the threat from the new owners trying to take them away... But I realized I can’t let em get away with it! So now I'm making a comeback! To represent my Oakland Athletics! Keep 'em in Oakland! The Hass Family sold the team with an Addendum that the team stays in Oakland. I thought this to be true, I was happy about this. Whatever happen to that loyalty? Please Lew Wolf and Company, Honor this, be loyal, as many of us are and Keep our/your A's in Oakland. Our team has one of the, or is the last stadium in the MLB with a multipurpose stadium/coliseum, why? The Giants have been in the Bay Area for a Decade Longer than The Athletics, They have a New Ball Park and they aren’t as near successful as our A's! We have 4 World Championships - 6 American Titles - 14 American League Titles while in Oakland!!! Not to mention Cye Young award winners, MVP's, and Gold Glove Winners,etc. Don’t you think The A's, us Fans and The City of Oakland Deserve The Same? Build it and they will come!! "KEEP OUR ATHLETICS IN OAKLAND"

#1ASFANTONE "Wave'Em High" LF Bleacher Fanatic Since 1968

Post a Comment